Copper Gutter Installation
Some homes require a more rustic, elegant appeal than traditional steel or aluminum gutters are able to provide. For such homes, copper gutters are without a doubt the way to go. Upon first installing copper gutters they will glow a vibrant, striking orange. As they age, copper gutters and downspouts will acquire the rustic look of aged patina. This much sought after patina will take years to develop, but there are treatments available to speed the process for the homeowner who just can’t wait. Let’s take a look at some other great features copper gutters have to offer:
- Will not rust
- Will never rot
- Provide exceptional rain management
- Copper gutters will last 100 years
- No need to EVER paint
- Provides a classic rustic feel to your home
Cost of Copper Gutters
The cost of copper gutter installation is relatively high when compared to other gutter systems. Copper gutter supplies and material costs are understandably more than steel or aluminum for many reasons. One of the main reasons for the price increase is the longevity of copper. Copper gutter systems will usually last up to 100 years. In this 100 years you will never need to paint the gutters or repair rust and rot. In comparison aluminum gutters have a max lifespan of 20 years. While traditional steel and aluminum gutters are considerably less than common copper gutter prices, they do not measure up in quality, longevity, or beauty.
Copper Gutter System
The installation of copper gutters can be somewhat tricky. Roofing Contractors highly suggests you acquire expert installers because of the expensive cost of materials and the need for soldering at every seem to prevent leakage. Copper gutter installers can transform your current gutter system into a stunning work of art, or provide your new home with that final touch to set it apart from the rest of the block.
Gutter Protection Systems
We all loathe the thought of another trip up the ladder in a painful effort to clean our gutters. Gutter Cleaning can be a dangerous and tiring job. So why not cut down on your gutter cleaning by having a professionally installed gutter protection system? Gutter guard systems are designed to block falling debris such as leaves, pine needles, and other gutter clogging agents, while simultaneously allowing rainwater to flow freely into your gutters. These gutter protection systems are practically invisible from the ground, so there’s no need to worry about unsightly bulk being added to your home.
Types of Gutter Protection
Listed below are the various types of gutter protection systems available. Let’s take a look at the many choices can offer your home:
- Reverse Curve – Directs water into the gutter through a small slit, while debris slides off and onto the ground.
- Mesh – Just as the name implies, mesh screens are covered in tiny holes that allow the water in, and keeps debris out.
- Bottle Brush – Utilizes bristles pointing upward to catch and trap debris while allowing water to flow into gutters.
- Nylon – Fit into gutters without needing to be attached to shingles. Work especially well with snow and ice.
- Foam – Also fits into gutters without needing to be attached to roof. Uses plastic to divert debris away from gutters.
We Understand that many of our visitors might need a hand in navigating all these choices. Deciding on the best gutter protection system can be challenging.