Software Frequently Asked Questions
Click an item for more information
- Why is the copy to extras button on Quick Bid disabled sometimes ?
- I have items I want priced by the foot. How ?
- Nothing happens when I click the email button, Why ?
- Why am I being asked to enter a valid email address ?
- I opened a saved bid and the template name does not match my saved estimate, Why ?
- I have a bid saved with 2 prices and now I need a price on a different material. How do I do this?
- Does the RoofCalWriter program handle billing and payments ?
- How do I delete a bid I have saved ?
- I want to subtract a roof area from my estimate, How can I do this ?
- I have a saved estimate and my customer now wants ridge on rakes, How can I do this ?
- I saved an estimate with the wrong pitch, How do I correct this ?
- I have a new computer and all of my saved bids are on my old computer, what do I do ?
- The Quick bid opens on some saved bids and others is does not, Why ?
- Do I have to enter ridge and starter per square ?
- Why can I not save a bid with no name ?
- Why am I always being asked to save changes?
- Can I put a shortcut on my desktop to the RoofCalWriter program?
- Can I create a shortcut from the windows taskbar to the RoofCalWriter program?
- How do I un-install RoofCalWriter ?
Q: Nothing happens when I click the email button, Why ?
You cannot send an email without entering an email address from the RoofCalWriter program. To send an email from the email program on you computer click File on the toolbar and click the email icon.
(Short-cut Ctrl+M from the main screen.)
Q: I opened a saved bid and the template name does not match my saved estimate, Why ?
A : Your template names can be changed many times and may no longer be in your templates. Templates are designed to aid in grouping roof types to produce a fast and easy estimate. Once a bid is saved it no longer has anything to do with your templates.
Q: I have a bid saved with 2 prices and now I need a price on a different material. How can I save my bid with more than 2 prices?
A : RoofCalWriter is designed to only save 2 prices. As a work-around you could do a couple of things.
1. Open your saved bid and copy your prices to quick bid or copy your prices to Notes. Enter your new prices and save your estimate.
2. Open your saved bid and enter your new prices. Before saving your bid add Bid#2 after the lastname. Like this: John Doe Bid#2. Then you will have 2 different bids.
Q: Does the RoofCalWriter handle billing and payments ?
A : No. You could create folders to distinguish between paid and unpaid jobs. Open your saved bid and in Notes: type the date billed and amount and then date paid and amount. Don’t forget to save your bid when making changes.
Q: I want to subtract a roof area from my estimate, How can i do this ?
A : For roof area add a minus sign (“-“) in front of one of 2 numbers you are multiplying. Like this 47 x -25 = -1125. Put a minus in front of your number. like this -25.
Q: I have a saved estimate and my customer now wants ridge on rakes, How can I do this ?
A : Open your saved bid click the ridge on option and it will be added.Note : You would probably want to remove the roll starter on rakes if it was selected.
Q: I saved an estimate with the wrong pitch, How do i correct this ?
A : Open your estimate, change the pitch and the totals will be recalculated.
Note : You may want to change your bid price per square.
Q: I have a new computer and all of my saved bids are on my old computer, what do I do ?
A : Install the RoofCalWriter program and copy your saved bids into the same folder as the RoofCalWriter program.